MAKE TRAUMA RECOVERY A REALITY
76.1 % of the population experience a serious trauma in their lifetime.
Experiences like natural disasters; acts of violence; motor vehicle accidents; sexual & physical assaults; acts of terror; combat experiences and more can lead to post-traumatic stress.
Healing is possible and YOU are not alone
YOU MIGHT NOTICE
Reliving the Event - flashbacks, nightmares, trauma reminders
AVOIDING TRAUMA REMINDERS -Withdrawal from people, situations, locations, activities.
NEGATIVE THOUGHTS & FEELINGS - Feeling sad, numb, having negative thoughts about life and the world.
FEELING ON EDGE - It is common to feel tense, jittery, struggle with sleep, get angry, irritable and more ...
THE RIGHT CARE HELPS
RESILIENCY & RECOVERY - groups at TraumaPractice.org
PERSONAL STRATEGIES - Breathing, Meditating, Journaling, Exercise, Yoga, Qigong, Tai-Chi
CONNECT WITH PEOPLE - Spend time with trusted helping professionals, family and friends
ONLINE, GROUPS, COMMUNITY
E-TRAUMA CARE & Virtual Support WhatIsPTSD.com Request FREE ACCESS email@example.com
TRAUMA RECOVERY & INFO VIDEOS at youtube.com/whatisptsd
EDUCATE YOURSELF - PTSD: Beyond Trauma Documentary cbc.ca/natureofthings/episodes/ptsd-beyond-trauma
QUICK - Trauma Screen at EmentalHealth.ca
WHEN YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW NEEDS HELP
Show up | Be patient | Listen | Learn | Create Routines | Get Help | Understand Trigger & Strong Emotions | Commit to Self-Care | Put Safety First | Choose Love
After a Traumatic EVENT
- 9-1-1 for imminent threat, distress line, and emergency departments
- Victim Quick Response Program (VQRP) Emergency fund: https://bit.ly/2HyRAKv
- Criminal Injuries Compensation Board: http://www.sjto.gov.on.ca/cicb/
- Victim Support Line toll-free 1-888-579-2888, or Greater Toronto Area, 416-314-2447
- Victim Services Toronto supporting victims in crisis http://victimservicestoronto.com
- Crisis Line 24/7, 416-808-7066
Resources for Professionals and Caregivers
- International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies: https://www.istss.org
- National Center for PTSD: https://www.ptsd.va.gov/
- Best Treatments for PTSD: https://bit.ly/2Ktwwv6
- Screening for PTSD: https://bit.ly/2WdJcr0
APPS that Really Help!
GET INVOLVED TRAUMAPRACTICE.ORG DONATE